Why is working out with an Aurora BayCare personal trainer so great? Here are my top 10 reasons!
1) You really get a lot more out of your workout…definitely more than I ever did walking on the treadmill while watching HGTV (or The Bachelor)! They work more muscle groups and push you to challenge yourself a little, without getting hurt.
2) You stay more accountable for your workouts. It would have taken a lot for me just to show up at the gym for a full hour on my own, if no one was expecting me! I didn’t want to disappoint Natasha by not showing up or not giving it my all.
3) You learn how to use a variety of equipment! I never would have messed with those BOSU balls or tried jumping on and off of those boxes if it weren’t for Natasha and Paula.
4) They make sure you have the right form! I sure didn’t know I was supposed to stick my butt out so far with those squats. My glutes got a whole lot more action when I was doing the squats the proper way! Maybe my pants will fit better now.
5) You learn how to breathe the right way! Yep! It took me a little while to catch onto this one. How could I forget to breathe? The reminders from Natasha and Paula about when to breathe in and when to breathe out and to stop holding my breath made my workouts a lot smoother. Anyone else ever hold their breath while doing planks? Well, it made me nauseous and even end up throwing up in the locker room once. Make sure to breathe!!!
6) The trainers make you feel like you are Superwoman! They encourage you when you get to the last few reps when you are starting to feel like your arms are about to fall off from doing those pushups. Having a little personal cheerleader right there makes a huge difference and makes you feel like you could even do ten MORE reps!
7) They make you do the exercises you NEED to do to work on problem areas, even if they are not really the exercises you WANT to do. And then you end up feeling good after doing them and CONQUERING them!
8) They make you want to work out even more! Just seeing how fit they are and how easily they can do a zillion squats all day while holding 50 pound weights and then do a plank for ten minutes straight, makes you want to push yourself more and be able to do what they do.
9) You find out exercises that there are a variety of exercises you can do at home that will whip your body into shape, even without fancy equipment.
10) You feel better, happier, more energetic, faster, stronger, and leaner! You can see a difference just walking out the door after the first session.
Working out with Natasha, and also with Paula, has been such an eye opening experience. I am so appreciative of their instruction and support. They both really made the personal training sessions fun! I believe that working with a personal trainer really has jump started my journey to fitness and being able to dominate this triathlon!
Six Aurora BayCare Medical Center employees have embarked on a wellness challenge that will change their lives forever! Over the next six months, these people will be coached, trained and transformed into triathlon-level athletes through the Aurora BayCare Sports Medicine Live Fit program.
To start your customized training program, contact us at 920-288-5400.