LiveFit Challenge Week 2: Tim’s Update

Tim Richards is an OR surgical technician at Aurora BayCare Medical Center.

Tim Richards is an OR surgical technician at Aurora BayCare Medical Center.

There are more than 639 skeletal muscles in your body.  Judging on how mine feel right now,  I believe that about 75% of them are not very happy with me. The other 25% probably want to hide in fear of what is coming.

It sounds worse then it is though. While I am sore, it is a good kind of sore. I can tell that things are already starting to change.

My first workouts with Paula and Lindsey have been great. They both encourage me to push myself, while making sure that I do not push to the point of getting injured. I have been introduced to some new and fun workouts, and some that I am not too fond of.

Kettle bells are something that I have always wanted to try and I can tell you they do the job. You will work you whole body with these things. Then there is this thing called the BOSU. Somewhere, someone made a lot of money off of this torture device and I would like to have a few words with him. I am sure it will help me in the long run, but what a shock to my system. Of course, all of this is kind of a shock to my system right now, as I have not done any core training in about 30 years.

Much more to come — so stay tuned!

Six Aurora BayCare Medical Center employees have embarked on a wellness challenge that will change their lives forever! Over the next six months, these people will be coached, trained and transformed into triathlon-level athletes through the Aurora BayCare Sports Medicine Live Fit program.  

To start your customized training program, contact us at 920-288-5400.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Tim Richards and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s